Karen with her dog LouieKaren J. Roberts has written 14 published children's books for a variety of age groups, with a few more on the way. The inspiration for her first book, The Little Blue Dog came when she adopted her little dog Louie from the Northeast Animal Shelter in Salem, MA.

Karen's stories focus on humane education, promoting pet adoption, animal kindness, respect for the environment and positives messages of achievement.

The proceeds from the sale of Karen's books support her nonprofit, The Little Blue Dog, Inc. 90% of the funds are donated to animal rescue, with the remaining 10% dedicated to donating books to children, schools, libraries and other educational programs.

Click here to see some of The Little Blue Dog's rescue success stories.

Karen is the winner of the Indie Excellence Award, a three-time winner of The Feathered Quill Book Award, a finalist in the International Book Awards, a two-time bronze medal winner of the Moonbeam Children's Book Award, and winner of the eBooks2go children's book contest for digital publishing.

 

click here to meet karen's pets